The Russian Political Science Association is an all-Russian public organization which unites professionals-political scientists from various regions of the Russian Federation. The main goal of the Association is to foster the consolidation of the professional scientific community and the development of political science in Russia. Among the priorities of the Association`s activities are:
- Adopting professional standards and ethical norms in the work of political scientists.
- Developing infrastructure of the political scientists’ community.
- Promoting scholarly foundations and traditions of Russian political science.
- Promoting high standard education and teaching of political science.
- Increasing expert significance of Russian political science.
Governing bodies of the Association are the Governing Board and the Scientific Council.
President of Russian Political Science Association – Oxana V. Gaman-Golutvina, Doctor of Political Sciences, Head of the Department of Comparative Politics, Moscow State Institute of International Relations (University) of the MFA of the RF, member of the editorial board of the “Polis” journal.
Vice-president of Russian Political Science Association – Rostislav F. Turovsky, Doctor of Political Sciences, Professor at the Faculty of Political Science, Moscow State University named after M.V. Lomonosov.